3/30/2018

Smile - It's Spring!

I hope today's card brings a smile to your face.  The colors are sunny and remind me of spring.  They are the colors for this week's color challenge (Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette and Old Olive) at Splitcoast Stampers and I will be posting this card in that challenge.

I was also inspired by Wei, a fellow design team member at CAS Colours & Sketches (CC&S), who posted a beautiful card using stitched flowers.

I started with an A2 top fold card base in white and adhered a piece of striped paper along the bottom. I cut an angled panel from white cardstock but you could also use an angled die to do this. I adhered this over the striped panel.
I die cut and assembled the flowers and the bee.  I made seven, but after laying out everything on the card I decided to use only three.  Now I have some leftovers for another card!
I placed the foliage on either side of the panel's point and used a foam dot to pop up the main flower.
Finally, I added some shimmer pen to the bee's wings.  I thought the card could use just a bit of sparkle!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Flowers, Stitched Honey Bees and Smile Phrase

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment