The design team for the board this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge has gone above and beyond in creating some gorgeous cards! I encourage you to look at their inspiration.
I chose the top row across - scoring , basket, frame. My scoring isn't decorative; it is the scoring for the fun fold card. Recipients always seem to really enjoy stand-up cards, so I tend to make these often.
I colored the basket and pie with Copic makers; the background I blended with Distress Oxide inks. Different coloring mediums require different inks, so I like to use MFT Hybrid ink. It works with both water and alcohol based inks.
I also did a fair degree of masking on this image. The basket and apples are two separate stamps and I wanted the background stenciled. The basket was stamped first, then masked off and the apples were stamped. I then masked off both to stencil my sky and grass. This grass stencil from Lawn Fawn is super cool as it has both a stencil and a mask in one (note the mask on the top).
I hope you will join us at the challenge this week!
- Stamps: The Stamps of Life picnic2stamp, TSOL goodies4wheelbarrow
- Dies: TSOL Step-Up, MFT Stitched Scalloped Frames
- Paper/Cardstock: Poppy Parade, Gingham
- Ink: Distress Oxide Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass; MFT Hybrid Black Licorice
- Markers: Copics - Basket E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E37; Apples R21, R22, R24, R27, Y13; Pie E50,E51, E53, E55, C00, C0, C1, C2
- Stencils: Lawn Fawn Grassy Stencil, MFT Mini Cloud Edges