9/06/2021

Color Challenge Sunflower

It's my pleasure to be the hostess this week at the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  Even though I'm never completely ready for summer to end, I decided to go with fall colors this week.  I think it may be that I have a new stamp and die set (the Hello Sunflowers Class from the Stamps of Life) and some patterned paper that seemed made for it.  I guess I really wanted to use them.

The colors I picked are: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Balmy Blue and Early Espresso with the theme of Fall as an option.   

I had planned on coloring the flowers but when I began playing with the dies I realized that they are beautiful alone and I could give them dimension with some ink blending.  I used the same color ink to shade the edge and also the center of the flowers before adhering the brown center portion.

I had also planned on stenciling a sky and using the paper as just a small accent.  What was in my mind is NOTHING like what you see here.  Oh well, maybe one day I will make THAT card.  For now I have this one and I'm happy with how it turned out.

I hope you'll join us at the challenge this week.

Products used:

  • Dies: The Stamps of Life Hello Sunflower Class, Floral Swish Card Die Set
  • Paper/cardstock: Early Espresso Balmy Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pink & Main Pumpkin Spice
  • Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
  • Accessories: Crushed Curry Ribbon, Enamel Dot

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment