My card today is for this week's TicTacToe Challenge. I'm not certain I love this card - it certainly is a departure for me - but it fits the criteria of the challenge. And I wanted to do something different and try out a few new "toys."
I used the middle column: Mixed Media, Splatter, Orange
I just bought some Tim Holtz Resist Spray. It's a super cool spray that goes on white and dries clear (I guess it's clear - I sprayed it on white so I really couldn't tell - LOL!) Then I created a wash using Smoky Slate and Basic Gray ink. The splatters resist your wash.
My second media is a Metallic Silver Distress Crayon which I smeared in various places and then used some water to move around. You can see the metallic in this photo.I added some orange splatters, washi tape and a few stamps.
This was one of those cards where I sat down and played with materials to see what popped up. I had a vague plan to use the gears and the postage stamp as I thought they would contribute to a "steampunk" Halloween card. I'm not sure that happened, but I kind of like the result.
If nothing else, I enjoyed trying out the new materials and will have a better idea how to use them in the future!
Place ANY order with me between now and September 30 and use Hostess code EZAMBBNF and I will send you a free copy of the new Holiday Mini catalog.
If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the code and YOU will receive the Hostess Benefits!
Products used today:
- Stamps: Festive Post, Ghoulish Goodies
- Paper: Watercolor, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Silver Foil,
- Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, Halloween Magic Dies (substitute for retired bat punch), Sponge Daubers
- The Postage Stamp Punch is really a useful punch and can be purchased as bundle all occasion set. I used it last month on a note card. Click here to see that card!)
Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step). Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.