2/03/2022

Bird Fold-It for Another Purple Bird

It seems I like purple birds this week!  My post Monday showed a small purple bird and today I have a large one for you!  This card is for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week.  I chose the middle column - embossing, purple or pink and shaped card.


If you're asking where the embossing is, it is on the flower.  I inked up the whole thing in Versamark ink then dipped it in clear embossing powder.  In real life it is a nice, shiny embellishment!  I did not realize that the EP would darken the color of the paper as much as it did, so unfortunately the shading I did on the edges of the flower are lost.  If you're planning on doing this make sure there is a good bit of contrast between your cardstock and the color ink you're using to shade.

As I was making this card I kept smiling.  This bird just looks happy.  I'll need to save this for someone who needs a pick-me-up.

Products used:

  • Dies: The Stamps of Life Bird Fold-it, Flowers2layer, Sweet Moments card Kit dies
  • Cardstock and ink: various scraps with ink to coordinate

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

2 comments:

  1. No only is this a super fun bird but you made her a shaped card! So cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bird shaped card is adorable Jeanne especially when it’s as cute as this one! Love this! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete