9/27/2021

Sweet Birthday with Colorado Craft Company

I rarely receive a stamp and use it within days of getting it, but I did here.  I absolutely LOVE the Anita Jeram stamps from Colorado Craft Company.  This set was part of Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp.  I thought it perfect for Barbara's color challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers.

Her colors are So Saffron, Terracotta Tile, and Cherry Cobbler with "dessert" for dessert.  I realized after I made this that candies may not qualify as dessert but oh well, too late now!  I think I gained a pound after eating my "inspiration" while making this card.  

I used plenty of neutrals in my card to color the mouse and chocolate.  I took the layout for the stamps from one of the samples on SSS but the balance of the layout is mine.  I wanted to emboss the bottom panel and this large dot seemed to coordinate well with the chocolate theme.  I considered doing swirl embossing. In retrospect I think it would have been a bit better, but not enough to remake the card.  Next time!

The coloring here uses the ink pads/reinkers and blender pens.  I wanted a looser look in keeping with Jeram's style.

Products used:
  • Stamps: Colorado Craft Company Life Happens (Simon Says Stamp Stamptember collaboration)
  • Ink: Stampin’ Up! Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Terracotta Tile, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Cider, Grey Granite, Smoky Slate; MFT Hybrid
  • Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media, Terracotta Tile
  • Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Ribbon, Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment