9/09/2021

Galactic Background Birthday Card

I sure hope my daughter doesn't see this post.  This is her birthday card and I haven't given it to her yet.  I'm pretty sure no one in my family follows my blog, so I feel pretty safe to post it.


My daughter loves Star Wars and would like to build a droid the next time she heads off to Disneyland.  She has asked for that for her birthday. So....Kindred Stamps makes the perfect stamps for that!

This is actually a gift card holder.  I'll make a small gift card for the droid to put on the inside.

I created the background by blending several Distress Oxide inks going from the pink in the center to the black around the edges.  I'll list them below in the order used inside to outside.

Then I used plain water and a paint brush to sprinkle on a few drops.  This lightens the Oxides. The last step was to flick on white paint (I actually used gesso as I did not have any paint) to add brighter stars.  I've made backgrounds like this before.  They are a bit time intensive but well worth the effort!

For my planet, I started with a Crumb Cake cardstock and again used Distress Oxide inks to blend.  I wasn't super concerned about this being even as I wanted a "rocky" surface.  I used the brown reinkers to flick on some "pebbles."

My droids are colored using Copic markers and fussy cut out.  I don't know why, I have a Scan 'n Cut, but I thought I'd do it by hand this time.  I made sure to use a marker to color between the gold droid's arms and body so it would blend with the background.  He got popped up with foam dots while the other two are glued to the card.

Products used:

  • Stamps: Kindred Stamps Galactic Adventures the Sequel
  • Dies: The Stamps of Life Happy Birthday, A2 Gift Card Pop-Up Die Set
  • Distress Oxides: Background - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot; Planet - Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy
  • Copic Markers: N0, N1, N2, Y13, Y18, Y26, RV06, B18, YR15, YR18,

Thanks for visiting today!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment