9/28/2021

Expressions in Ink Cards

If you follow me you will know I am not one for patterned paper.  By that, I mean making it the focal point of the card.  I use it but in small quantities or as a background.  However, this is one paper where I LOVE it.  All the patterns are gorgeous.  Usually there are patterns within a pack that I don't care for.  Not with this one.  So I felt it perfect as a focal point for this week's sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches.



The card was simple to create but it took a bit of measuring.  If you're not so inclined (I know some people hate measuring) then this probably isn't the card for you.  My rectangle measures 3 1/4 x 1 1/2 inches.  Each of the squares is 1 1/2 inches.  Then I cut a rectangle and two squares 1/8 inches larger out of gold foil to give just a sliver of a border.  I placed the rectangle 1/2 inches from the top and centered (which is slightly less than 1/2 inches from each side.)  Easy to align everything from there.

Once I had the correct measurements it was simple to create another card so I also made one for a birthday.  For the shadowed sentiments I chose coordinating colors and gold foil.  I  also used self-adhesive sheets on the back of the foil so I wouldn't have to worry about glue smooshing out and ruining the foil.

Products used:
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Thanks w/Shadow, Celebrate w/Shadow
  • Paper: Stampin' Up! Expressions in Ink, Gold Foil, Shaded Spruce, Polished Pink

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I agree. This paper is gorgeous. It has the feel of alcohol inks. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jeanne - I'm in love with those papers too and they deserve to be showcased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card! The perfect time to use patterned paper - especially when it's that pretty! I think I need that paper:)

    ReplyDelete