9/16/2021

Trick or Treat Mummy

I can't believe we're half way through September!  It seems so early for Halloween cards, but it really is not.  Today I have a card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge where I also happen to be the board designer this week.  I hope you will find the time to join us.

I picked the top row across - ribbon, costume, beige/brown.

I actually had planned to do a different row but as I was looking through my stamps I couldn't resist this cute mummy.  I thought the ribbon would be fun with the mummy but I wasn't sure how to incorporate it. I decided to wrap a panel that would be behind the image.

I didn't want a straight panel so I just cut a random shape from Crumb Cake cardstock.  Wrapping it was a bit tricky because of the angle; the ribbon did not want to lay flat.  I used tape on the back to smooth out any wrinkles. After I had wrapped the panel I distressed the edges (I probably should have done this first!) and used ink to shade them and the ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please join in the fun - I love seeing your cards!

Products used:

  • Stamps/dies: The Stamps of Life HalloweenKidsHSN (this set is on HSN; there is a similar set with a mummy on the TSOL website)
  • Paper/Cardstock: Crumb Cake, SU Magic in this Night DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Crumb Cake
  • Ribbon: SU Forever Greenery (retired)
  • Markers: Copics - E40, E41, E42, E49, E50, E51, E53, E55, Y13, Y18, Y26

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment