3/23/2018

"Mush" Love and Designing as You Go

Happy Friday!  I fell in love with the Stitched Mushrooms set and the snail from the Stitched Garden Friends set from Cottage Cutz as soon as I saw them.  They are so cute!
 
I picked my colors for the card based on some patterned paper that I have in my stash.

Next I die cut all the pieces from white, Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. You may notice that a couple of pieces I ultimately used are missing from this photo.  That's because I sometimes "design-on-the-fly"; that is, I make decisions and change the design as I create.  I usually like to plan everything out, but that doesn't always work out.  I'm guessing it's the same for many of you.
I used a stamping platform to stamp my sentiment.  (I purchased a set of mushroom themed sentiments because a very good friend is a morel mushroom hunter - who knew such people existed?)  I placed everything in the platform, arranged my elements with sentiment on the circle, then carefully moved the elements and set a magnet in place.  I knew that the sentiment would now be in the correct place.

I quickly arranged everything on the card to see how it would look, however I felt the main image didn't "pop" enough.  Here is my "design-on-the-fly"; I decided to add another element under the white scalloped circle.  I decided this stitched circle would work well.  Since my ribbon is coral, I made the circle blue.  I folded the ribbon behind my panel and glued it, then adhered the panel to the card front using foam tape to add dimension.
I glued the scalloped circle to the blue circle and adhered it with foam dots to the front of the card.  My second "design-on-the-fly" element is this cute button.  I was going to use a real button even though the color wasn't a perfect match, when I noticed that I had also cut a button (normally for the flower center from the Stitched Garden Friends set) when I cut my snail shell.  It worked perfectly!  Just the right color and size!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Mushrooms and Stitched Garden Friends, Scalloped Circles, Double Stitched Circles
Stamps: Altenew Love You So Mush

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment