3/16/2018

Clean and Simple Easter Card

I'm a big clean and simple (CAS) design fan.  Many of my cards are in that style.  When doing a CAS design I love using dies because they come out so crisp and graphic, keeping everything - clean and simple!  My card this Friday illustrates that.
These little bunnies from Cottage Cutz "Some Bunny Loves You" are adorable and highlighted perfectly by the color offset squares.
Out of white cardstock, I made an A2 side fold card base, then embossed a panel 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches and adhered it to the base.  I used this basket weave since I thought it perfect for that "Easter basket" look.
Next I die cut the bunnies from Sahara Sand and three squares each from white, yellow, pink and purple.
For each of the three colored squares, I stacked and glued them, then offset a white square and glued a bunny on top.  Then it was time to glue them to the card front.  It was fairly easy to line them up on this card since the basket weave gave me a natural alignment tool!  A tip when lining up three items - do the top and bottom first then center the one in the middle.

For the sentiment I used a fourth color and die cut Happy Easter.  I love the playfulness of the font used in this die.
This card gets a bit of extra punch from the use of four bright colors and the whimsical font for the sentiment.

Dies: Cottage Cutz Happy Easter Egg, Some Bunny Loves You, Cross-Stitched Squares

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment