3/20/2018

Color Challenge Tuesday

Good morning!  It's another color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches blog.  I love the colors that Fiona chose this week - Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red. 
These are very tropical colors and my first inclination was to do a floral card.  However, I was traveling last week (in Hawaii of all places - and perfect for the colors, I know) and did not have all my supplies.  I had taken some pre-stamped images, my watercolor pencils and blender pens.  So.....

Of the images that I had with me, I decided this little chick could be turned into a blue bird and it would fit the challenge.
One fun thing about color challenges and coloring - you can often make shades or additional colors by mixing the colors!  Is this "cheating"?  I don't think so.  Here you can see that the tips of my leaves are Pumpkin Pie and the bottom Bermuda Bay....
If you look closely in this photo you'll see they are sort of a greenish brown near the stems after I blended them together.

I did not have a Rose Red pencil (Stampin' Up! doesn't make one) so I made Rose Red by combining Real Red and Calypso Coral.  These are the only pencils used along with a blender pen.

I came home late Sunday night, so today I made it into a card by adding the frame and heart and then popping it up off the card using foam tape.  I wasn't sure what sentiment to use but this one seemed pretty generic and I love how the font mimics the string of hearts.

This is a fun color challenge - please join us this week!  We'd love to see what you create.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Marching Chick, Technique Tuesday Chickadees
Dies: MFT Stitched Frames; Cottage Cutz Stitched Nested Hearts
Pencils: Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! A cute image, beautifully coloured and an awesome CAS and inspiring layout. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I like the cheery images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card and I love your attention to detail by using two colours on the little leaves to tie everything together. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birdie with his/her string of hearts is just too cute! I like the tilted panel, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little chick holding a flower and a string hearts! How cute it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Jeanne. Love your creative combination of mixed colors, too! That bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete