3/13/2018

Lucky to Know You - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's Tuesday and another sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches!  When I saw the sketch for this week I immediately thought of this die.  And I love St. Patrick's Day!  My Irish mother always celebrated it in a big way.  So the die, the sketch and the week of St. Patrick's day all just seemed to come together.
The sketch:
I created the card using Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I first cut the sentiment and then watrecolored the images.  The die cut sentiment is then inlaid back into the negative space for a subtle look.  I wanted to keep the card CAS.

I stamped images from three different stamp set.  Then I used ZIG Kuretake Clean Color Brush Pens and an aqua painter to color the images.
To finish the card, I used a shimmer pen on the shamrocks, hearts and flowers, and added enamel glitter dots. 

Stamps: MFT Lucky, Lawn Fawn Hats Off to You, Stamps of Life - unknown name (I think it was a bonus set)
Die: Simon Says Stamp Lucky to Know You

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Great technique for a wonderful St. Patty’s Day card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love the yellow/green corners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your corners and the way you inlaid your die cut sentiment, Jeanne!! Cute card! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun and perfect for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have inlaid the die cut sentiment. Fun design and perfectly CAS. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cheery, and perfect for St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete