3/09/2018

Die Cutting a Blended Panel for Variety

The Easter bunny has been busy this week painting eggs!  This cute card goes together quickly and is fun, though a bit messy, to make.  The bunny and eggs are die cuts.
 I started with a white top-fold A2 card base then added a panel of plaid paper to the front. 
I used Distress Oxide inks that coordinated with the plaid to blend a large panel that I could use to cut the eggs, paintbrush tip and paint can paint.  This will give me variation in my eggs without having to color each one individually. I die cut Mr. Bunny and everything else from various colors of cardstock.
Before I assembled Mr. Bunny I took a sponge dauber and some Crumb Cake ink to give his edges just a bit of dimension. 
I stamped the sentiment on a stitched die cut panel, then arranged my eggs under the sentiment.  I really like how cutting the eggs from the blended panel gives variation to them. You could also cut the eggs from a variety of patterned papers to give them some interest.
This card goes together quickly but is a little messy - brings back memories of coloring real Easter Eggs with my kids!

Dies: Cottage Cutz Egg Painting Bunny, Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangles


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment