7/04/2022

Desperation is the Mother of Creativity

Necessity may be the mother of invention but I say desperation is the mother of creativity!  Mary picked Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight and your favorite Pink for the color challenge this week at Splitcoastampers.  And dessert this month is Christmas in July!  Yikes!  Needless to say I had a difficult time with the challenge. 

She had originally picked some very traditional colors but changed them when she realized that she had chosen them in a previous challenge.  Although I like using non-traditional colors for holiday cards, these through me for a loop. 

I was totally stuck on an idea and had worked for a couple of hours on it; I was not near being finished or happy with it when a friend suggested I take a card I like and copy it but change the colors to these. I started that way and ended up with a completely different card.  BUT it sparked my creativity.  And I know from experience that two card makers can CASE a card and end up with different cards.  It's just how we are.  We make things our own!

So in my desperation I got a card I really like.  I think it is self explanatory except that I did add a bit of Crumb Cake along the the Mossy Meadow in distressing the edges of the panel.

Products used: all Stampin' Up!


Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment