7/25/2022

Final Christmas in July Color Challenge

Tonight's card is for the last Christmas in July Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  We have a classic color combination this week - Real Read, Garden Green and Silver!  (The silver in this card unfortunately photographed as grey, but it is silver foil cardstock.)

For my card, I went back to the set I used the first week of July - Leaves of Holly.  It is a classic Christmas set featuring holly and berries.  While I used it before for a bit of a non-traditional color scheme, this time it naturally flowed with the green and red! 

I changed things up with a slimline card that I divided into two sections - one square and one rectangular.  I had seen a similar one on Pinterest that was a mini slimline.  I embossed each panel with a different embossing folder.  To make the two embossed backgrounds play well together I used one that is pretty bold - the Fern3D folder, and one that is subtle - the Subtle 3D folder (retired).  I always keep my embossing folders when they retire.  They don't take up much space, are inexpensive and they can make such difference in a background.  I know I don't use them enough, but when I do use them I always love the effect!

To make my berries two tone, I sponged the bottom portion with Real Red ink to darken.  Then I used Stampin' Write markers to color the sprig of berries.  These Textural Elements are wood and come natural in color but are super simple to make coordinate with any color scheme by using the markers.

This card uses products from the Fall Mini Catalog at Stampin' Up!  Now through August 31, 2022 place an order of $50 or more and earn FREE products during Sale-A-Bration!  There is a wonderful selection of stamps, die and papers from which to choose.

Products used: all Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment