7/30/2018

Wish Upon A Reindeer

Today I am the hostess for the week's color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers!  Last week we had a Christmas in July theme as a bonus and I kept that going this week.  Since I picked more traditional holiday colors (Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green)  it should probably be a bonus to make a non-Christmas card with them!
This image was fun but challenging to color.  One of the more difficult images I've done in awhile.  Not only are there a lot tiny spaces to fill in but a good portion of the image is red.

Reds are always hard with Copics.  They tend to get saturated fast and bleed.  I had quite a bit of bleeding near her hat.  Fortunately, I was able to cover it up using a combination of the blender pen and the next color to go down - the dark browns of her hair.  I usually color my reds first  because of their difficulty.  Then if things go south I can start over without losing too much.
I'm pleased with how this came out.  I used a few Prismacolors over some of the image to add detail.  I like to do this with Stamping Bella images.

I had a fun star stencil that I used to the background. The star she is holding is colored with neutral grays and Wink of Stella.  Originally I was going to use a silver or white glitter paper for the word Wish but thought better of that.  The vellum is much subtler and allows the focus to be more on the image.  I find that Ranger Multi Medium Matte glues down vellum with little to no show through.

I've had several posts on color matching - for the basics click here and here.  You can also search the blog using "Copic coloring matching."

Stamps and Dies: Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Rita and the Reindeer
Die: Cottage Cutz Wish Phrase
Copic Markers:  Lemon Lime Twist - YG00, YG01, YG23; Garden Green - G20, G21, G24, G28; Poppy Parade - R20, R21, R22, R24; Reindeer - E50, E53, E55, E57, N1, N5, N7, E41, E42;  Rita - E0000, E000, E11, R20, E53, E35, E37, E29; Star - N1, N3
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! Ribbon and iridescent sequins; Heidi Swapp stencil

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

1 comment: