7/24/2018

Life's a Beach

Happy Tuesday!  Today we have a sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.  I came up with this sketch and it did turn out to be a little challenging.  I wanted to do a summer image and I had never inked up this stamp so thought I'd give her a go.
Here is the sketch:

To get the colors I picked the paper first.  Sometimes I know what colors I want to use on an image but when I don't I'll find patterned paper that I like and fits the theme, then go from there.  Blue and yellow are classic summery colors to me while the dots and stripes work perfectly with the inner tube, so this was an easy choice. 
I stamped the waves first then used a sticky note to mask them off and stamped the girl.  I colored her with Copic markers.

The difficult part of this card was actually cutting that angled section.  I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the image pane and then placed it where I wanted it on the card overhanging the edges.  I made light marks with pencil and used my paper trimmer to cut off the top and side. The girl had to be placed far enough to the side and low enough down so I would not cut off her foot and had room for a sentiment.  That took a bit of planning and was the tricky part in the layout.

I hope you'll join us at the challenge this week!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Tiny Townie Frances Loves to Float
Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Rectangles
Paper: Stampin' Up! DSP Brights
Copic Markers: B21, B23, B24, B28, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y19, E00, E11, R21, R24, G00, G19, B000, B00, BG0000

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

2 comments: