7/17/2018

Happy Hour!

Hi everyone!  This card is for the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this week.  The challenge was to use Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Pineapple Punch and make it tropical if possible.
Well, I'm all about Hawaii and Mai Tai's so this challenge was right up my alley.  To color the drinks I used my Stampin' Blends in Pineapple Punch and Calypso Coral, but I substituted Granny Apple Green and Soft Seafoam for the Pear Pizzazz.  When participating in a color challenge and using markers, pencils, etc. you sometimes just have to adjust and get close.  (I did use my C0 Copic marker for the shadows on and under the glasses.)  Diamond Stickles are the salt on the Margarita.
I had the woven paper in my stash and liked the look it gave, but thought the card needed something extra.  The floral patterned paper made me think of one of my husband's Aloha shirts.  I added the leaves that I die cut from Pear Pizzazz card stock and sponged with Pear Pizzazz and Pineapple Punch inks.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Mixed Drinks
Dies:  MFT  Stitched Tags, MFT Blueprints 4, Stampin' Up! Tropical Thinlits
Markers:  Stampin' Blends, Calypso Coral - light and dark, Pinapple Punch - light and dark, Granny Apple Green - light and dark, Soft Seafoam - light, Copic C0
Paper: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Whole Lotta Lovely DSP; Kaiser Kraft woven look

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment