7/23/2018

Christmas Puppy

This is my card for the color challenge this week at Splitcoast Stampers.  Mary picked some fun colors - Berry Burst, Smoky Slate and Granny Apple Green - and further challenged  us to make a Christmas card!
I decided to color this little pup kind of like a Shih Tzu.  Ten years ago I received a Shih Tzu mix puppy for Christmas and I've hinted that she needs a friend.  Maybe this year....

I used my Stampin' Blends in Granny Apple Green and a light YG for the green, then color matched the other colors using Copic markers.  For tips on coloring matching Copics please see my earlier posts here and here.

I wanted the sentiment to really stand out so after stamping it, I stamped it again in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.
The panels and ornament are glued directly to the card.  To give dimension, I used foam dots to lift up the pup and a double layer of foam dots for the present.

I've also entered this in two Simon Says Stamp challenges this week. Monday Challenge - Christmas in July and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Die or Punch

Stamps and Dies:  MFT Happy Pawlidays, Stitched Rectangles
Markers: Stampin' Blends Granny Apple Green Light and Dark, Copic markers YG21, RV66, RV69, RV63, RV0000, N0, N1, N2, N3,
N4, N5, N8
Paper: Stampin' Up! Winter Frost (retired)
Ink: Stampin' Up! Granny Apple Green, Berry Burst 

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh what an adorable card, love the sweet puppy.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and beautiful card! Love your great coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete