7/12/2018

Aloha with Rosie and Bernie

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I am!  I've been coloring a lot of Stamping Bella images lately.  I just adore them.  I fell in love with the Rosie and Bernie series when it was released but haven't had the time to color any of those images.  So last night I thought I'd give it a try.
Here are Rosie and Bernie in Hawaii.  My husband and I have a company in Hawaii and travel there a lot.  It's sort of my home away from home.  This definitely needed to be my first R&B image to color.
I started coloring it as en experiment.  The style of the stamps is very loose so I wasn't certain that my tight style of coloring would fit well with any of theses image.  But it's always good to try new things.  So I pulled out my ZIG Kuratake Real Brush Pens.  I find these are better for a looser look than Copic markers.  (But of course that's just me and my style.)  I stamped and colored the palm tree then used a light blue and a few shades of beige to add a bit more substance to the  background.  I tried to keep it loose.
I colored in Rosie and Bernie, die cut them and added Wink of Stella to Bernie's horn.  They are popped off the card using foam dots.

I'm not sure this is my favorite card, but since I was just practicing with the ZIG pens and I actually got an image I could use for a card, I'm happy!  I already have a few additional ideas using this same stamp.  I love it!

Stamps and Dies: Stamping Bella Rosie and Bernie in Hawaii; Rosie and Bernie's Palm Tree

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment