7/10/2018

Smell the Roses

Happy Tuesday everyone!  This week I'm the hostess for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.
I love sketch challenges because I feel like most of the work has been done for me (of course this time I had to come up with the sketch so no break here!)
I colored the image using Copic Markers.  Then I die cut the image with a Stitched Arch frame die from My Favorite Things.
When using a frame I find it easier to glue the frame down first and then lay the center piece inside the frame.  In this case I used the colored image as part of the frame.  There are three coral arch frames underneath to add dimension and color.
 I used Wink of Stella on the fairy's wings to add glimmer and sat her on the frame.
Since I didn't want to cover up my coloring (I can get quite attached to my coloring - LOL) I used vellum for the  banner and heat embossed the sentiment in gold.  The word "the"is a bit hard to read but since this is a common saying I didn't think it was too much of a problem.

Stamps: Stamping Bella Floral Forest Backdrop and Little Bits Fairy Set
Dies: Stamping Bella Fairy Set Dies, MFT Stitched Arch Dies
Copic Markers:
Floral - R12, R17, R19,RV23, RV25, RV29, RV63, RV66, RV69, RV52, RV000, BG40, BG43, BG46, G40, G43, G46, G21, G24, G29, YG11, YG 13, YG17, E30, E35, E37, B000, B0000 
Fairy- E000, E00, E11, E21, E23, E27, E29, Y13, Y15, Y19, V01, V000


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Jeanne!! Love the way you used the die and created a perch for your sweet fairy to sit on! Glorious coloring. Thanks for a sketch that made me think!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Love the garden in the arch shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute fairy sit on the arch frame! Fabulous card, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, this is all-around fantastic! I really like how you've used part of the image for the frame, but added layers to the frame for dimension.

    ReplyDelete