7/20/2018

3 D Thursday - a day late!

Happy Friday!  I haven't posted a 3-D Thursday card in quite some time and I'm a day late with this one.  Oh well, the best laid plans.....

So today I have a fun shaker card for you!  I love interactive cards and this one uses some really cute dies.  This mouse and snail are just adorable.
I started with an A2 sized top fold card base.  I cut a panel from patterned paper the same size as the front (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches) and a slightly smaller panel from a coordinating paper for the back of the shaker.  Next I die cut all my pieces for the foliage and critters from a variety of green and neutral card stocks.

Because the word "Discover" is pretty fine I placed double sided adhesive paper on the back of the card stock before die cutting.  It makes it easier to adhere to the card.  After cutting the oval and putting on an acetate window on the front panel, I arranged all of the elements for the scene.
When I finished I put a double layer of foam tape on the back.  Keep the tape very close to the shaker.  It does not have to touch on all sides of the opening as long as the sequins (or beads or whatever) can't escape through any holes.  I used anti-static powder to the inside of the tape so my sequins would not stick to it.
I added about one tablespoon of sequins in the center of the card.  (And a rather tragic thing happened to make this color mix.  I have a packet of eight different purple sequins all separated in a divided package. While I was carefully choosing a little of this shade and a bit of that shade, I hit the package and it SPILLED all over my desk!  I now have a container of mixed purple sequins! Oh well, as I said above the best laid plans....)
Then I placed the card front on top.
I hope you enjoyed this card today.  It was a lot of fun to make and will be even more fun to give.

Dies used:  Cottage Cutz Forest Critters, Mushrooms and Greenery, Discover Phrase and Nested Stitched Ovals

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment