7/27/2018

Fairy Shaker Card

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Happy Friday!  I have been making shaker cards like crazy - three in the past 10 days.  Last Friday I had one for you and I have another today. (I'll post my third one soon.)

This card is simple to make but really makes an impact.  Part of the design was inspired by a box my mother-in-law made for my daughter.  She is also a papercrafter and made a monochromatic box highlighted in places with Wink of Stella. I decided to do that here.  The Wink of Stella on just the vines and word really make them stand out.

I wanted to keep the card very simple and elegant as I felt that was in keeping with the fairy theme and this style of dies. And I love the new Stampin' Up! color Soft Seafoam! I toyed with making the back of the shaker a deep green or blue (and even a light blue like a sky) but decided to stick with just a slightly darker green background.


This paper is one of my favorites.  I call it "cheater" paper.  Its is a pre-printed watercolor background.  I love making watercolor backgrounds but sometimes I just don't have time.  Or as in this case, it will be mostly covered up by the other card elements and the shaker sequins anyway so why take the time.

I can see making this card again in other colors.  It goes together so quickly.  What takes the longest is making sure that your glue dries on the back panel vines before putting the shaker together.

I used Cottage Cutz dies and this card is featured on their blog today.  Click here for complete instructions on how to make it!

Dies used: Cottage Cutz Spring Fairy Scene, Leafy Vines and Imagine Phrase
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! Soft Seafoam, MFT Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Wink of Stella, 28 Lilac Lane Fairy Sparkle Sequins

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment