7/09/2018

Most of All - Have Fun!

Hi everyone!  I've been somewhat out of commission the past month or so - LOT'S of stress, drama and changes in my life...

I know it's all part of life's ups and downs and I'm optimistic that things are now on the upswing.  That said, I finally made a card just for me!  No card challenge, no occasion, a just because I wanted to make it card.
Stamping Bella stamps are some of my favorites.  I think I could color these all day long!  Their images are cute and quirky, and the different series appeal to me in different ways.  The gnomes are fun to color because they are chubby and round and they are fantasy.  Great thing about fantasy characters - no rules!  However, I did go for a traditional look for this guy.  (Bonus cute with this image - the little worm in the upper left!)

I wanted a sponged background so I first had to mask off all the elements.  I did a trial with masking fluid but it didn't dry fast enough for me and when I erased it, some of the paper peeled in the larger leaves.  So I fussy cut masks and put them down using Tombow temporary tape runner.
I didn't take a picture of them in place, but I did  save them all for future use.  When my husband saw me cutting each leaf he thought I had gone nuts.  But I think it was worth it.
For the sky I used Soft Sky ink and a MFT Cloud stencil; for the ground I sponged on Soft Suede ink and then drew in some grass with a Copic Multi liner pen and went over that with a Copic marker in G94.

The hard part was cutting up the image after I was done.  I had picked the patterned papers before I started to get the colors I wanted to use, but after it was finished I had to make some choices as to exactly how I wanted to use them.

And after the past six weeks or so the sentiment says it all - FUN!!!!

Stamp: Stamping BellaGnome on a Swing
Copic Markers: Y26, Y19, Y15, Y11, BG49, BG45, BG23, G94, G99, YG91, YG93, (Worm YG21, YG23, YG25, BV0000, BV00, BV02), E43, E44, E47, E000, E01, E11, R20, BV23
Other: MFT Cloud stencil, MFT Stitched Oval Frames, Lawn Fawn Tiny Tag dies, Michael's small word dies, Stampin' Up! DSP and cardstock in Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana

Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I love YOUR card done just for FUN! :D Sometimes we get so busy making cards for "this or that" that we don't have time to just - PLAY. Love your card...hope 'things' settle down for you (and think I need to just pencil-in a day for my own play-day!). TFS♥

    ReplyDelete