8/11/2017

Magical Dragon and More Color Matching!

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am! Today's card features one of my favorite creatures - a dragon.  And this little guy is adorable.
The layout for this card comes from this week's sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and the colors are from Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge.  I colored the cake and dragon with Copic markers matching as closely as possible to the colors for the challenge.  (Challenge colors this week are So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Berry Burst - matches listed below.)

I didn't want a plain background and did not have any paper that really inspired me so I pulled out an old giraffe print stencil, ink and sponges.  For the stenciling, I did use the exact ink colors specified in the challnge.  I thought that the green and yellow gave it a "dragon scale" feel rather than "giraffe" feel.  I used a stitched frame to set it off.

The sentiment needed to be more than just ink stamped - it needed some glitz - so I got out my MISTI.  I first stamped it in the berry color then again using Versamark ink, but only over the word "Magical".  While the Versamark was wet I added Heat 'n Stick powder.  Using my heat gun, I melted it and added some iridescent glitter to "Magical".
It really does add some sparkle.  I added a few clear sequins and that was it.

Stamps - My Favorite Things BB Magical Dragons, My Favorite Things BB Happy Hippos (Both with matching dies), My Favorite Things Rainbows of Happiness (sentiment)

Copic Markers - So Saffron YR30, Y21, Y32;  Pear Pizzazz YG93, YG97, G94; Berry Burst RV69, RV63, RV55

Thanks for visiting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love your take on the sketch; wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragon is so... cute, love him. Great way to combine the two challenges. Thanks for joining us on this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's so much to love about your card - the whimsical little dragon colored perfectly, the lovely subtle blending of the colors in the background, the sparkly emphasis on the word "magical". Your card brought a smile to my face, and I'm sure it will have the same effect on its recipient! Thanks so much for sharing it at CC&S! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete