8/30/2017

Stampin' Up! Happiest of Days Clean and Simple Card

This is one of those stamp sets that can go unnoticed, but I really do love it.  The images are simple and loose - so your coloring can be as tight or loose as you'd like.  Here I went for something in between.
Clean and simple cards
I made this for both a color and CAS card challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The CAS challenge was to make a "sweet" birthday card and the color challenge was to use Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist and Basic Grey, with the added dessert option of a birthday card.  I love when I can combine challenges!  Challenges are a fun way to create and have at least one parameter settled for you.  If you haven't tried any you should.  They can allow you to focus on some aspect of your card (technique, color, etc) without spending a lot of time on another, and they can also make you think outside the box (like when you think "I would NEVER put those colors together!").

I must say these two challenges didn't force me to think too far out of the box although at first I wasn't sure about the colors.  I ended up loving the Lemon Lime Twist.  After stamping the image, I used an aqua painter to color in the image, going back over the edges with an almost dry brush to give a little shading.

Instead of using foam dots to lift the image off the card I used 5 ovals cut out of Lemon Lime Twist card stock so I had that extra edge to the oval. Finally, I thought it needed just a little something so I added the bow.

This card came together very quickly and would be a great card to make several of so that you have birthday cards on hand.

Stamps - Stampin' Up! Happiest of Days
Ink - SU Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Grey
Paper - SU Shimmery White, Bermuda Bay DSP (retired)
Dies - SU Stitched Shapes

Thanks for  visiting!  Don't forget to sign up for email notifications of new posts and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment