9/01/2017

Latte Card with Die Cuts

Good morning!  I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to the long weekend.  One extra day to craft!  September always puts me in the mood for fall (even though technically it doesn't start for a few weeks and it was in the 90s today!) so today's card has some fall colors.
This card features the adorable Mr. Snuggles die from Cottage Cutz along with the Cup of Latte die and Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle Set.  I love that you can move Mr. Snuggles arms to pose him various ways!
While I love to color I also love making cards with only dies (or mostly dies, this has a stamped sentiment) - they always look so polished.

When designing this card I picked a stripe and plaid that I felt worked well together.  Normally I wouldn't use these two types of patterns together but the scale of these are different and the blue in the stripe is picked up in the plaid.

My card base was cut from dark brown cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at the 5 1/2 inch mark to make a top folding A2 card.  I used vanilla cardstock for the front panel and cut it to 4 x 5 1/4.  I die cut a panel from the plaid paper using the largest of the Stitched Eyelet dies and I cut a panel of the striped paper 3/4 x 5 1/4 inches.
I used a sponge dauber and distress ink to color the sides of the bear and cup.  When coloring the cup I used both the Gathered Twigs and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.  Then I cut the "latte" and steam from the same striped paper. His eyes are colored in with a multi-liner pen.  Shading the edges of the dies give them extra dimension and pop.
After I glued the striped panel to the front I distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I also distressed the edges of the plaid panel.  I used ribbon to mimic the plaid pattern on the front panel,
and I added the sentiment underneath.  The sentiment is embossed in copper on dark brown cardstock cut to 1/2 x 4 inches for the sentiment.
When all the panel elements were glued down, I adhered it to the card with foam strips.  I then added the bear and cup with foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you have time this long weekend to be creative!

Dies used - Cottage Cutz Mr. Snuggles, Cup of Latte, Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle
Cardstock - Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Inks - Distress Inks Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Evergreen Bough, Victorian Velvet
Stamps - My Favorite Things Stay Cool

Thanks for  visiting!  Don't forget to sign up for email notifications of new posts and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment