9/04/2017

Flamingos!!!

Good afternoon!  I'm a bit late today - very busy weekend.  My card today is for the double challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  It was both a sketch and color challenge.  I did not have the exact pink they called for but substituted one that was close.  I was tempted to add more details to this card but time constraints did not allow for that.
The colors were a light blue, light green and pink - we could add neutrals so I added the soft beige.  The flamingos are shaded using the shading technique I described last week.  When stamping over the an image of the same color, the color will appear darker and that is how the wings came out darker - they were simply stamped twice.  I shaded the back of the tails and the heads.

I masked off the flamingos and added the tree behind.  I had originally intended for the frame around the birds to be white, but I accidentally used my frame die to cut the flamingos.  I forgot it was a frame and thought I was cutting a scalloped circle.  This just provided the opportunity to do a bit of redesigning! I decided to cut four scallop frames and layer them under the frame with the stamping.  I think I may like having the image on part of the frame better than if I just had a solid frame.  Sometimes accidents work for the best!

I masked off the stripe on the left and used a background stamp to create the weave pattern in blue.

I may go back and add a few details to the card - some wink of stella and perhaps a few nuovo drops.  I'll post a photo if I do for comparison.

Ink - Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Powder Pink and Sahara Sand
Card stock - Neenah Solar White, Certainly Celery
Stamps - My Favorite Things Flamazing
Dies - MFT Stitched Scallop Frames

Don't for get to sign up for email notifications of posts and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!

Thanks for visiting! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the tribal background border and the little scene is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete