9/27/2017

Franken-bird!

I love Tim Holtz's crazy bird stamps.  A few years ago you saw them everywhere - well I still adore them and wish I would see more of them again!  They always make me smile.
I created this card a while back, but I wanted to share it here.  To make the bird into Franken-bird I added the neck bolt, stitches and hair with a Copic friendly Multi-liner pen.  One fun thing about the sketchy style of these stamps is that you can add details and have them look like they are part of the original stamp.  A great way to make your card unique.

Next  I colored him with Copic markers and cut him out with the matching die.  For the background I used purple Brushos to get the watercolor splash and then stamped the sentiment in Staz-on ink.  After the background was finished and dry, I glued the bird onto the card.  It still needed something so I added the sequins.

Stamps: Tim Holtz Bird Crazy, Tim Holtz Crazy Words
Ink: Memento black, Multi-liner, Brushos, Staz-on black, Copic markers

Thanks for visiting!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment