10/13/2022

Frightfully Good Halloween Shaker

Happy Thursday! My card today is for the Tci Tac Toe Challenge.  Silke gave us a great board and I chose the top row across - shaker, slim card, fold card.

 

This is not my usual Halloween card.  I usually go for the cute or pretty Halloween, not the scary or creepy.  This skull is part of a shaker card kit from Queen & Co, and quite honestly I never expected to use it.  Just not my style.  But then I saw this Halloween paper in my stash and thought "why not"?  The skulls on the paper aren't creepy and I thought it would make this skull less so.



I made it a mini slimline and a fun fold to fir the challenge.  After constructing it, I'm not sure why I didn't put the flap on the left but it works either way. Oh well, next time.

I've seen this same shaker as a sugar skull for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and I would love to try making one like that as well!

Products used:

  • Shaker Kit: Queen & Co. Spooktacular
  • Dies: Quuen & Co. Basic and Halloween Sentiment Stacker
  • Paper: Stampin' Up! Cute Halloween
  • Markers: Copic R20

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

 
post signature


3 comments:

  1. Not creepy at all! Such a cute, fun skeleton and shakers are my favorite kind of card...love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN, FUN, FUN....love this frightful halloween card! The shaker part is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant way to use that row, Jeanne! Love your folded shaker and all the cute patterned papers!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete