10/24/2022

Elegant Pumpkin Card

This card is for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week.  Diane gave us great fall colors - Cajun Craze, Mango Melody, Mossy Meadow with Gold for dessert.

This pumpkin from the Stamps of Life is one of my favorites of their fold-it cards.  I made these cards a few years ago for Thanksgiving. Several months later my brother-in-law commented that he still had it sitting on his fireplace mantle, he thought it was that pretty.

This time I changed it up by making it an easel card. It was very easy to do. After cutting the base of the fold-it, I scored the top at about the half way point and glued the pumpkin to the top below the score line only. This allows the top of the card to bend.

The pumpkin can be solid or with the cut work. I like to do every other section cut work and back the pumpkin in metallic.

Here I sponged the edges of each section with the Cajun Craze to give them some depth. I used some oak leaves die cut from Mango Melody and sponged them with both the Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow.

Products used:

  • The Stamps of Life Fancy Pumpkin Shaped Fold-It; Leaf Stamps and Dies

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment