10/11/2022

Candy Corn is A Vegetable

I love this sentiment even though I really don't like candy corn!  (In fact I like corn better than candy corn.)  I thought the sentiment went quite well with this fun stencil from Simon Says Stamp.


 

It's a four step layering stencil; since one of the layers - the top of the candy corn - should technically be white I wasn't quite sure how to handle that at first.  After trying to give it shading by using a light grey, I decided making it a much lighter shade of the yellow worked best.

This is a super easy card to make as the sentiment is from a pack of pre-printed sentiments also from Simon Says Stamp.  To finish it I added a few enamel dots in matching colors.

I am also entering this in the Stencil Fun challenge.

Products used:

  • Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Halloween Candy
  • Inks: Distress Ink - Lucky Clover, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin
  • Sentiment Strips: Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne this is so clever!! I love the stencilled detail across the middle but that sentiment - it totally made me laugh out loud! I'm not a candy corn fan either, but this is one of my favourite seasonal cards this year - bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a fun happy card, Jeanne. That witty sentiment is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete