6/01/2020

Pearls and Roses

I have two cards today for the color challenge that I am hosting this week on Splitcoaststampers featuring June's flower and gemstone.  My colors are Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Rococo Rose with an option to add Pearls and Roses.  Many ladies in my family (including me) are born in June so that is why I have those as my "dessert" option.  And it gave me a good excuse to color this image!

My first card features Stamping Bella's Garden Girl Rose.  I love this series of Tiny Townies dressed in flowers and I've colored this one before.  This time I wanted to mimic the Minuet Rose which is cream with Pink edges.  The sentiment is perfect but if I had to do it all again I would move things around in the layout.  While I like sentiment strips that cover parts of images I think this one is a bit wide for the size of the image; it covers too much of her legs.

Overall though I'm pleased with her coloring.  She is Prismacolors over markers.  I find I am doing this more often now, especially with images that have fine areas.  For me it is easier to lay down base colors in markers and put in the detail with the pencils.  You can see the difference inbefore and after Prismacolors in her legs, below.  The front leg has color pencil and the behind leg does not.
One thing I found, is that the Rococo Rose color Stampin' Blend doesn't quite match the paper and stamp pad ink, so I color matched it using Copic markers.  On my second card I did use the Rococo Rose Stampin' Blends markers.

This birthday card uses the new shaker card bundle from Stampin' Up!, Jar of Flowers.  The coloring of this was exclusively markers - a combination of Stampin' Blends and Copics.  You can see the Rococo Rose here is much brighter.
This is a super fun set that makes creating a shaker easy by use of a punch and shaker insert - no need to build up the card with foam tape!  Although they have beautiful gems available for the shaker elements, I used small pearl beads to go with my theme.  This set will be available starting June 3.

Card 1
Stamps: Stamping Bella Garden Girl Rose, Flower Sentiments
Dies: Stampin' Up! Lovely Flowers, Stitched Rectangles
Accessories: MFT All Lined Up stencil
Markers: Rococo Rose - Stampin' Blends R000, R32, R34; Blushing Bride - Pink Pirouette Light & Dark, R00; Pear Pizzazz - G20, YG61, YG63; Skin - E00, E50, E11; Hair - E34, E37, E29
Prismacolor Pencils: Pinks - 928, 929, 1018, 1013; Green - 989, 1005, 1097; Cream - 927, 997, 939, white; Grays - 1050, 1051, 1054; Brown - 946

Card 2
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Jar of Flowers (Bundle with punch), Stampin' Up! Peaceful Moments
Punch: Stampin' Up! Jar Punch
Markers: Stampin' Blends Mossy Meadow Light & Dark, Rococo Rose Light & Dark, Pink Pirouette Light & Dark (retired), Pool Party Light, Copics R00, G20, YG61, YG63
Accessories: Shaker inserts, pearl beads

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Your coloring on the skirt is fabulous! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete