6/11/2020

Flip Flops Forever

I'm so excited - I was asked to be the guest designer at Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog for this week's challenge!  I had to go with the flip flops theme; at one point I think I had a dozen pair including a pair of "dress flip flops" which I wore out to nice restaurants and semi formal parties.  (Don't judge me - they were leather and had a beautiful rhinestone on them.)  I truly do believe that life is better in flip flops!
These tic tac toe challenges are super fun.  You get to design your own challenge using the familiar tic tac toe board.
This week I used the top row across - flip flops,  sponge /brush, summer.  These  flip flops are a die that I've had for awhile and the sentiment comes from a sandal stamp set.

I used blending brushes with Distress Oxide inks on a natural color cardstock to create the "sand".  You can kind of see some "waves" in the sand although they are mostly covered by the flip flops.  For the sand dune waves I used stencil.  Then I splattered the circle with dark brown ink for the sand grains.  Because I wanted to bring in the pink color (all green just wasn't doing it for me) I created a light pink halo around the sand circle using the blending brushes.

As for summer - well that is what the whole card is all about!

I hope you will join in the fun this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Stamps: The Stamps of Life Patterns4Sandals
Dies: Cottage Cutz Flip Flops and Stitched Circles, Stampin' Up! Tropical Framelits
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green, Pixie Pink, MFT Natural
Distress Oxide ink: Picked Raspberry, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! And this is sooo pretty and summery! I'm a flip flop girl too and have far too many to count. I live in FL and wear them year round. I have never tried this challenge before. Putting this blog on my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete