6/12/2020

I Dig You Gnome Card

Happy Friday!  I have a card today featuring the adorable tomte from the new Gardening release at Cottage Cutz.  To me their new tomtes look a lot like gnomes. So I wondered - what is the difference? I found that Tomte is a Swedish word for a sprite that is pretty much the same as a gnome.  In Norwegian he would be called a nisse.
I love all the gnomes that are being used on cards recently.  They are super fun to color or in this case, die cut and color.

I picked my palette from a pad of retired paper - I believe it's called A Little Foxy.  (It is one of my favorites and I admit I hoarded a few pads before it was retired.)
I cut the pieces from Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Smoky Slate cardstock along with white.
I edged the beard and mustache in just a bit of Distress Oxide Pumice Stone.  I used Distress Oxide inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, and Vintage Photo to color his face, shoes and shovel handle.

To give some height to the frame I used three coral frames underneath the patterned one.  I glued that to the panel and then inset the white circle.
I added my gnome, bird and flower to the circle.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.

Stamps: MFT You Gnome Me
Dies: all Cottage Cutz - Flower Power Tomte, Hat Box w/Foliage, Wide Stitched Circle Frames, Stitched Circles
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Pool Party
Ink: Distress Oxide Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Your card is adorable in any language!!! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete