6/16/2020

Birds & Branches - One Card Two Techniques

It's Tuesday so that means it's color challenges!  I made two cards with the same stamps and dies for two different color challenges.  I used two different techniques so that each card has it's own distinctive feel.
This card is for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers - Garden Green, Pool Party, Real Red and add your favorite yellow, so I added Daffodil Delight.

I used the same splat watercolor technique for the background that I used in a card I made last week.  I die cut the circle from thick white cardstock and colored just the berries in red.  I took Post-It notes and used those to mask off the branches. The bird in the set is a two-step stamp - here the base is the Pool Party and the top feathers are Soft Suede.

The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings and is stamped in Soft Suede.  I die cut "Friend" using the die from Well Written and inlaid it back into the negative space to get a softer look.  Finally I added the clear Elegant Faceted Gems over the red berries for some sparkle.

This version is for CAS Colours & Sketches this week.  The colors are Night of Navy, Real red and So Saffron.

https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2020/06/challenge-375-colors.html
For my background here, I masked off a moon and used blending brushes and the Night of Navy ink to get a night sky.  I sprinkled it with a bit of water and some white paint to get "stars."  I actually stamped this bird three times - layer one is So Saffron, layer two I used a sponge dauber to put just bit of Real Red on her belly and wing and layer three is the feathers in Night of Navy.  It looks almost black here over the other colors.

I used the same sentiments but did not inlay the word Friend.  Again I used the Elegant Faceted Gems on the berries, this time in white.

I've entered links below to the products used on these cards.  If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd appreciate the opportunity to help with your stamping needs.

Stamps: Birds & Branches Bundle; Itty Bitty Greetings; Birds & Branches (stamps only)
Dies: Well Written; Birds & More (dies only)
Paper: Whisper White thick, Watercolor paper
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Pool Party, Real Red, So Saffron, Soft Suede
Accessories: Elegant Faceted Gems

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

1 comment: