6/24/2020

A Quick Card with Pampered Pets

I have a very quick card today with the Pampered Pets set from Stampin' Up!  I like the stamps in the set and I LOVE the paper.  I'm not really a patterned paper person - I definitely use them more as accents - but I'm going to try using the paper as the main focus on later cards.  This paper pack has some great designs!  Stay tuned!
The paper design is very graphic but the stamp set has a more sketchy feel.  In keeping with that I used watercolor pencils to loosely color the dog and bowl.  I'm pleased with how the dog came out but not as much with the bowl.  Watercolor (at least for me) is one of those things you just keep doing until you get it right.  I can't control it like I can my markers; it comes out different every time.  Ultimately, I liked the bowl enough to use the card.  Part of doing loose coloring is embracing the imperfections!

The layout here is simple and the card went super fast.  Less than 45 minutes.

Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Pampered Pets
Paper: Watercolor or use Shimmery White, Playful Pets Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Watercolor pencils, Playful Pets trim combo, Playful Pets trinkets
Playful Pets Suite (stamps, dies, DSP, trim and trinkets!), Playful Pets Bundle (stamps & dies only)
The stamps and dies are 10% off when purchased as part of the suite or bundle!


Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment: