6/09/2020

A Quick Card

Karen at Splitcoaststampers really started something in me with her colors of Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Mango Melody.  I have been just loving this combination and I don't even really like Mango Melody!

When I saw the sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch this morning, I thought "I could do that but I have work today so it  needs to be fast."
Card finished in less than an hour.  The hard part for me was loosening up on coloring the image.  I can spends hours coloring (although for more complex images.)  Here I used acrylic blocks, markers in the challenge colors and a blender pen.  I started coloring tight, but then I told myself  "LOOSEN UP - this image is one that calls for coloring outside the lines!"  So.....as hard as it was, I did.

I used two texture background stamps for the splatter in the background (faster than if I did one myself with watercolor) and hot foiled the sentiment.  I'm loving that foil system!

This card is proof that even if you are like me and noodle over every detail on your cards, you can move quickly, loosen up and enjoy the results!

http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2020/06/case-this-sketch-375.html


Stamps: Stampin' Up! Painted Poppies, Gorgeous Grunge
Dies: Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles
Foil Plates: Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II
Ink: Stampin' Up! Markers Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Mango Melody, MFT Hybrid Black Licorice
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media, Whisper White Thick, Old Olive

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely. I especially love the splattered background!

    ReplyDelete