5/27/2020

Cinderella's Yellow Dress

I never thought I'd make an all yellow card, but here it is.  It's not that I don't like yellow - I do - it's just more of an accent color for me.  But it certainly is a happy color and I like the way this card turned out.
This is a stamp I've had for awhile.  I got the die specifically to use with the stamp as I didn't care for the images in the set (kind of small) but loved all the sentiments.  Then along came some challenges and it all fell together.  I've entered this card in these challenges:
As with so many colors, this took some time just trying to coordinate the yellows and patterns.  The yellows needed to match or contrast and having lots of Stampin' Up! products in Daffodil Delight helped.  But then the patterns on the background and dress had to complement each other.  I actually used a Lawn Fawn paper for the background and a retired SU DSP for the dress.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing Cinderella's OTHER dress today.  Perhaps this is the one she really wanted...

Stamps: Technique Tuesday Sassy Fashion
Dies: Cottage Cutz Special Occasion Dress, Stitched Rectangles

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a number of the snarky sisters, too - yellow? :D But look at this gorgeous yellow card! And the snarky sentiment is perfection. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the snark! And that die cut dress.. gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! You rocked the Yellow!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is the die from? Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The die is Special Occasion Dress by Cottage Cutz.

      Delete
  4. Jeanne, this is fabulous!!! Yellow is not my thing either. You coordinated the colors perfectly. Love the combination of the dress and sentiment. I just posted a card for this sketch challenge as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sentiment is so very true. Nice card. Thanks for getting yellow with the sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete