5/25/2020

More Summer

My card today is for Splitcoaststampers color challenge this week.  I've had this Edna stamp forever (or so it seems) and I knew she'd be great for these nautical colors.
The colors this week are Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel and Lovely Lipstick.  I stenciled the background stripes and used white nautical die cuts.  The sentiment is heat embossed on a Lovely Lipstick banner.

Edna is colored with a combination of Copic Markers colors matched to the challenge colors, Stampin' Blends and Prismacolor pencils.
Above is Edna with just the markers.  On an image such as Stamping Bella images, I can get more detail when I use Prismacolors on top of the markers (below).  For less detailed images the markers themselves give enough detail.
I'm starting to have a problem with just using foam to pop up a die cut.  Sometimes it is fine, but in instances like this one I prefer a solid base.  So I used the die and stacked three Balmy Blue die cuts underneath to add the dimension.

I also entered this card in this week's TicTacToe Challenge using the column on the far right.  This is a fun challenge where you pick your row of elements to challenge you.  It's a bit different than other challenges and I like that!
https://tictactoechallenge.com/tttc065-featured-designer-claire/
 

Stamps and Dies: Stamping Bella Edna Loves the Ocean, Summer Sentiments
Dies: Cottage Cutz Rope Corner, Cottage Cutz Ships Wheel, MFT Blueprints 20
Accessories: Altenew Watercolor Stripes Stencil
Markers: Lovely Lipstick - Stampin' Blends Light & Dark, RV10; Blueberry Bushel - B0000, B32, B34, B37; Skin - E00, E11, E50; Hair - E29, E35, E39; Hat - E30,E31, E55; Neutrals - N0, N1, N3, N5, N7, N8
Prismacolor Pencils: 943, 947, 946, 997, 1034, 939, 927, 944, 195, 930, 935, 938, 1056, 1059, 1060, 1063, 1067, 1079, 1100, 1101

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne, I just LOVE your card! It made me smile when it popped out in the gallery! Your little girl is colored perfectly! I love the nautical die cuts and the stenciled background, too! happy you joined us at The TTT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, what an adorable design and beautifully colored. The lady in her nautical bathing suit reminds me of Betty Boop :). So happy you joined us this week over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge and thanks for your kind words about the challenge. Hope to see you again in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete