10/28/2021

Tips for Coloring a Complex Image

Hi everyone!  Team O has another challenge for you at Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog this week.  If you haven't tried this challenge you really should.  You get to pick which items to use and you can create a card in any style.  A lot of fun!


 

This week I officially went with the right hand column - Any Shape Die / Snow / Tree, but may card also fits the middle row - Critter / Green or Blue / Snow.  Which one do you think it fits best?

This image was a bit tricky to color in that it’s pretty complex with so many pets and browns  and greys.  I used a variety of Copic markers but I needed to keep track of them and make sure I was coloring the critters with a good mix of the neutrals.

To do this I made a quick stamp and a rough coloring of the image.  This is one of those steps that probably takes me an extra 15 -20 minutes but can save me lots of heartache and time to avoid I coloring something and then deciding it just isn't working.

And since I list all my colors on this photo I also save time by not having to list them down below!  LOL!

I hope you've like my card today and will join us in this fun challenge this week!

Products used:

  • Stamps/dies: MFT Paw La La La La
  • Die: The Stamps of Life "Joy"

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment