10/04/2021

Magic Iris Birdhouse

The colors Chris picked for Splitcoaststampers this week were inspired by her trip to Alaska.  She chose Black, Real Red and Bermuda Bay with the added dessert option of "weathered."

I thought my card would look a bit different but it was also one of those that just sort of evolved as I had no real plan when I started it.  I really don't know what I was expecting!  However, I do like how it turned out.  The center of this birdhouse can be interactive with an iris that open like a camera shutter.  If I had more time (or felt more adventurous) I would have done that and put a sentiment inside.  I will try that at some point because there are a lot of great cards using the Magic Iris!

For my weathered look, I used some retired weathered wood patterned paper that I further distressed by inking the edges.  I used a Timber embossing folder to emphasize the wood.  I also edged the bird and birdhouse roof/base in their coordinating inks colors.

Products used:
  • Dies: Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Birdhouse, The Stamps of Life Scalloped Rectangles
  • Paper:  Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Basic White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, retired wood DSP
  • Ink: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Timber Embossing Folder and Gingham Ribbon

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment