10/14/2021

Ghoul Friends

The board this week is Halloween themed.  If you're like me you have a ton of Halloween stamps and don't get to use them nearly enough; so now is a good time to begin!  I chose the diagonal - black, orange and purple.


 

I had a hard time deciding what to do for this board - as a result this card took way longer than it should have.  I'm making a concerted effort to post LOTS of Halloween cards this month.  At least one every Friday and more throughout the week when I can.  I have taken out every Halloween stamp set I have (that's how I discovered how many I own) and I'm trying to use ones that haven't even been opened.

This is one from 2019!  I'm not sure why I hadn't used it before; the faces on the vampire and mummy are pretty darn cute.  After agonizing over the stamps to use I found the layout took a while.  I wanted to make a slimline card and the frames filled the space nicely.  However, I was in that wishy-washy mood where I felt I had to try every color combo - orange or purple frame in the middle, or all the same color frames?  Do I add a panel under the white and if so what color?  You get the idea - you've probably there.

I hope you join us in the challenge.  And don't forget to come back tomorrow; I have a 3D Halloween project!

Products used:
  • Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Spooktacular Bash
  • Dies: Stampin’ Up! Ornate Frames, Cottage Cutz Stitched Slimline Rectangles
  • Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape, Witches Brew DSP, Basic White
  • Ink: Memento Black, Smoky Slate
  • Markers: Stampin’ Blends - Highland Heather Light , Granny Apple Green Light and Dark, Pumpkin Pie Dark; Copics - V01, V000, E40, E41, E43
  • Accessories: Matte Black Dots, Metallic Photo Corners
 
Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne... This set is a keeper. You are right, the images are so cute. The ornate frames were the perfect choice to pull it all together... the card was so worth the time you spent on it! Thanks ever so much for inviting me to be GD this week.

    ReplyDelete