8/24/2021

Two-fer Tuesday

Hi card making friends!  My card today is for two of my design team challenges - CAS Colours & Sketches and the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.


 

The card did not take long to make but I did have to measure out where to put that sentiment!  Bhavya gave us this sketch and while it's a clean design it isn't entirely simple in its execution.

I simply drew light pencil lines 3/8 inches apart and one down the right side of the card.  I stamped my black sentiment first and then repeated with the gray  sentiments.  I always start in the middle when I need to line things up.  If I'm slightly off I can usually adjust.  If I start at one end and I'm off it usually gets worse by the last item!

The basket is from a stamp set by Lil' Bluebird Designs - Llama Love.  I made a card two weeks ago using this set.  Lil' Bluebird Designs is a new stamp company and they are sold at the Scrapping Cottage.  

For the color challenge I used Stampin' Blends in Soft Succulent, Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight (substituted for the Bumblebee of the challenge.)  I used a few Copic E30s for the basket.

Both challenges are fun this week.  I hope you'll find time to join us!

Products used:

  • Stamps: Lil' Bluebird Designs Llama Love, Lawn Fawn Simply Semtiments
  • Dies: Lil' Bluebird Designs Llama Love
  • Ink: Memento Black, Smoky Skate
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends - Soft Succulent, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade; Copic markers - E31, E33, E34

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

2 comments:

  1. The phrase highlighted in black is very impressive. Simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jeanne - I especially like the way you highlighted one of your repeated sentiments in black. You're right about the alignment too - I did have one aborted attempt! I think a larger sentiment helps too - a small font doesn't give much room for error!

    ReplyDelete