8/27/2021

Hello My Little Finned Friend

My card features another one of the new stamps from Lil' Bluebird Designs and one of the new sentiment with shadows dies from Cottage Cutz.  The new stamps are adorable and I love the sentiments with shadows.  I love this type of sentiment because it allows you to put it on patterned paper!

 
I started by coloring the cat and fishbowl from the Kitty Love stamp set and cutting the Hello using the Hello with Shadow die.I used mostly Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers with a few Copic markers.  I'll list the markers used at the bottom of this page.

To get my ombre panels I first colored the whole circle using Distress Oxide ink and a blending brush.

I then used the Cottage Cutz Hills Slimline die to cut a curve about 1/3 of the way from the top.  I've seen paneled dies that are similar in concept.  But using a curved die that you probably already own you can make panels with any shape!

Setting the top portion aside, I inked the rest of the circle.  Then I cut another curve, set the upper portion aside and inked the bottom portion. This gave me three gradated panels for my circle.


I turned them over and used double sided tape to hold them together.  This allowed me to flip them over  and glue them as one piece to the scalloped circle.

 

I added my kitty, the sentiment and a few enamel dots to finish it off!  I hope you've enjoyed my card today.

Products used: 

  • Stamps and dies: Lil' Bluebird Designs Kitty Love stamps and dies
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Hello w/Shadow, Scallop Circles, Stitched Circles.
  • Markers:  Spectrum Noir Tr-Blends - Brown Grey Blends, Brown Grey Shades, Brown Grey Blends with brush tip, Pale Pink Blend, Burnt orange Blend, Dull Green Blend, Gold Brown Shades, Gold Brown Blend  Copic markers - BG0000, BG000

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just need to click the unsubscribe button at the end of the email.

      Delete