8/10/2021

Take It Easy Tuesday

I did take it easy with this card - I made one card for two design teams!  There is a sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches that I combined with this week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.

 

The colors are  Mango melody, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green with anything goes for dessert.  Since the colors really screamed FLORAL at me I decided t make it a challenge and NOT use flowers.  My anything goes is anything but a flower!

I thought dragonflies could work and I love them for this sketch.  This card took a bit of planning.  I drew a light pencil line down the center, placed my sentiment shadow and drew around that, then centered and stamped the upper dragonflies.  If I had not done that - well what a mess that would have been!

As I said I took it easy this week.  I've had a very busy week and weekend both personally and professionally.  So doing double duty on this card helped.  The coloring was quite simple with the Stampin' Blends.  The biggest decision was the colors for the sentiment and as soon as I tried it in two of the challenge colors I knew it was going to be black and white!  I used about three coats of Wink of Stella on the dragonflies to get them to sparkle. I tried to show that in the last photo.

Products used:

  • Stamps and Dies: The Stamps of Life Take It Easy (from the February 2021 Card Kit)
  • Ink: Memento Black
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green

Thanks for visiting today!  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature


4 comments:

  1. Love this Jeanne and these are the cutest dragonflies I've ever seen! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sparkling dragonflies. Looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne those stylised sparkly dragonflies are so cute and the perfect size along with that awesome diecut sentiment. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete