3/31/2021

Tip for Using Stacked Die-Cuts with Housecats Stamps and Layers

This card was made for the Sketch Challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers where I have the pleasure of being a guest on their design team for the next few months!

I had fun with this card. This stamp set came in a card kit that I received just a few days ago. The kit reminded me of my daughter who loves cats, plants and the colors in the kit - I HAD to buy it!

While I didn't use the paper in the kit I kept my colors the same. I stenciled the largest diamond using Grey Granite then added the middle diamond which I embossed to add texture.

All the images were colored in Copics and then die cut with a small square. I always find it difficult to cut into an image I've colored but I really wanted these to be "partial shots", not full images. To pop these up from the card base I added two layers of Sahara Sand underneath.

A tip for when you are using stacked cardstock layers beneath a shape instead of foam - if the stack is not going to be on a solid layer but a one that is already layered (as here where the small squares are on both the card base and the textured diamond), the stack can be a bit wobbly.  Place a small, extra piece of card stock on the end that needs support.  Here, the upper and lower squares had two complete Sahara Sand layers under them and the top square had a third strip of Sahara Sand underneath at the top, the bottom square had the same at the bottom.  This allows those squares to be stable on the card! (I should have taken a photo....)

Lining everything up was probably the hardest part of this card. I definitely measured twice!

Products used:

  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Housecats
  • Dies: Cottage Cutz Stitched Squares
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Memento Black, Stampin' Up! Grey Granite
  • Markers: Stampin' Blends Old Olive Light & Dark; Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends Aqua Blue Blend; Copics Y21, Y26, W00, W2
  • Accessories: MFT Weave stencil, SU Tasteful Textures embossing folder

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment