3/17/2021

Happy St.Patrick's Day!

I have two cards for St. Patrick's Day today.  My mother was of Irish descent and very proud of it.  We celebrated St. Patrick's Day in a BIG way while growing up.  When she passed, my sister became the family matriarch of all things Irish and after she passed, it fell to me.  SO...I have made a few St.Patrick's Day cards for today and earlier this month I made a pop-up box card.

These mice are part of the Anita Jeram collection from Colorado Crafts.  I think this is the first time that I have used every major image from a stamp set the first time I used it.  If you have kids of a certain age you will probably remember Anita as the illustrator of "Guess How Much I Love You", a wonderful children's book.

 

I'm still practicing my watercolor techniques but I'm pleased for a first effort with these stamps.  I used ZIG Kuretake Brush pens rather than actual watercolor (but I have some on order!)  I felt the style of these stamps didn't fit with my usual Copic marker coloring style.  Some people are fairly loose with Copics, but my style is a bit tighter.

The Shamrock Blessings card is also for the sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week. 
I hope you've enjoyed my cards.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

An Irish blessing:

May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks,
May your heart be as light as a song,
May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
That stay with you all the year long.

Products used: 

  • Stamps: Colorado Crafts Four Leaf Clover
  • Ink: ZIG Kuretake Brush Pens: 047, 302, 041, 069, 900, 053, 901, (Shamrock Blessings) plus 903, 063, 061 (A Good Friend is Like a Four Leaf Clover)

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment