3/29/2021

Bitty Birdhouse Color Challenge

I hope you had a great weekend!  To start of this week I have a CAS card for this week's color challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  Karen gave us Pacific Point, Pool Party and Old Olive with a dessert of Spring.  I love the colors but I will admit it took a bit of thinking to come up with a spring themed card with these colors.

I thought about flowers or birds but the blues don't say flowers and I would have liked a red to use with a bird (bluebird).  But in thinking about birds, I decided upon a birdhouse!

Everything but the sentiment is die cut.  I did used a dark brown Copic marker (E47) to color the branch of the tree.  I did NOT want to paper piece that together LOL!  To add some texture I ran my back panel through an embossing folder.   Pearls substitute for the berries that would normally be on the branch.

A very simple card to put together.

Products used:

  • Dies: Simon Says Stamp Bitty Birdhouse, Cottage Cutz Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, Stampin' Up! Birds & More
  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Spring Birds
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Old Olive, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Tasteful Textures embossing folder, Stampin' Up! Pearls

Thanks for visiting today! Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Bloglovin'



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment